Dontech is seeking a senior-level Systems Engineer / Display Engineer with extensive experience in LCD technology to join us at our Doylestown, Pennsylvania facility. This role demands a seasoned engineer with extensive experience in Displays. This motivated individual will embrace our corporate goal to be an industry leader in the display enhancement field by providing innovative, cost effective solutions to customer needs and requirements through use of core company technologies and by applying the past experience and creative talents of our design team.
- Make recommendations to improve display performance to meet the design goals and customer requirements.
- Document the complete process, including all changes, and assist in the preparation of mechanical drawings for recommended materials.
- Interface with outside vendors including machining, electro-plating, optics fabrication, andmaterials for enhanced displays.
- Interface with new vendors of optical and display components including displays (LCDs), enhancement films, LED and CCFL backlighting components and optical windows (glass and plastic).
- Oversee prototype and first articles of enhanced and bonded displays.
- Write all work instructions and production travelers to ensure proper assembly in production.
- Work with production staff for new product introduction and issues arising in production.
- Interface with customers’ engineering staff to recommend designs, oversee customer signoffs for new designs, and conflict resolution.
Required Qualifications include:
- Five years LCD and display experience is essential for this position;
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optical Engineering or relevant field of study; advanced degree in optics or engineering preferred;
- International customer and vendor interaction experience a plus;
- History of maintaining professional and technical knowledge through membership in technical societies, attending workshops and courses, and keeping current with industry updates; and
- Citizenship requirements in compliance with ITAR (either US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
Additional Skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, good organization skills, and ability to be flexible
- Solid program and project management background
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic fast paced work environment
- Creative problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25%)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and e-mail systems.
Relevant experience includes:
- Support in a manufacturing environment
- Process improvement planning
- Optical or display background
- Military and medical electronics manufacturing
- Bringing new products from R&D into a repetitive manufacturing environment
- Developing product costs
- Lean manufacturing
- Display (e.g., LCD) enhancement
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and cover letter detailing salary requirements and interest in relocation, if applicable, by:
- E-mailing us at HR@dontechinc.com
- Faxing us at 215-348-0932
- Mailing us at Dontech Inc., 700 Airport Blvd., Doylestown, PA 18902 Attn: Human Resources
Dontech’s benefits package includes:
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care Saving
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling
Dontech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.